This week sees the WatchTime New York event roll into town.
Being the biggest annual watch event in the USA, the Bespoke Unit team is pleased to be covering both days.
Below we have some pictures of the event from prior years, as well as some exciting news about new model releases and never before seen watches on USA soil!
Come back on October 13th & 14th for live coverage of the event.
Event Dates & Location
The 2017 edition of WatchTime New York sees 30 brands covering a large segment of the industry from A. Lange & Sohne to Zenith.
All attending brands can seen here on the official website.
WatchTime is held over October 13th and 14th:
- October 13th: 5.30pm to 8.30pm – Cocktail Party $119 SOLD OUT
- October 14th: 11am to 5pm – General Admission $39
Buy tickets here, and use code “BU” for 10% off admission.
Location & Directions
New York, NY 10018
WatchTime New York – News
- Bremont will launch its first moon-phase watch at WatchTime New York for the first time, the limited-edition Bremont 1918, which commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force
- RGM will launch a 222-RR Railroad watch with enamel box car dial at WatchTime New York.
- Graham will unveil an 8-piece limited edition Orrery Tourbillon for the first time, inspired by George Graham’s orrery invention in 1713. This manual orrery tourbillon was crafted for Graham by Christophe Claret and incorporates a 300-year calendar.
- In its third year of exhibition at WatchTime New York, Moritz-Grossman will unveil its ATUM Pure Skull exclusively in New York
- In the brand’s first showing at WatchTime, Chronoswiss will unveil a new blue-dialed version of its limited-edition skeletonized Sirius Flying Grand Regulator Skeleton watch
Pictures to follow from event.
New Models To USA Soil
Pre-show announcements of watches on US soil for first time:
- Longines will unveil its much-anticipated Longines Avigation BigEye pilot watch to the United States public for the first time at WatchTime New York. Show visitors can preview this 1930s era reissued chronograph before the product hits US stores this holiday season
- TAG Heuer will unveil its Monaco Gulf Special Edition to US consumers for the first time, a 50th anniversary of the iconic “McQueen Monaco” worn by Steve McQueen in the 1971 film, Le Mans)
- Grand Seiko 8 Days Spring Drive in Rose Gold will be shown for the first time in the United States at WatchTime New York
- A. Lange & Söhne will present four new Blue Series watch models to the public: The LANGE 1, LANGE 1 DAYMATIC, SAXONIA, and SAXONIA AUTOMATIC models
Pictures to follow from event.
LIVE Event News & Recap
Over the course of the luxury watch show, WatchTime New York welcomed more than 1,200 collectors, influencers, brand representatives, and notable industry personalities.
For me it was a great pleasure and surprise to run into Marc André Deschoux, I’m a huge fan of his YouTube channel TheWATCHES.tv. Such a great guy!
Walking the hall was a feast for the watch enthusiast’s eyes.
Blue Ceramic Omega Speedmaster
I was personally unaware of this Omega release from Basel this year.
The blue is very interesting on a Speedmaster, especially ALL over from face, strap and case! Not sure I’d opt for one, but there will be many who will love it.
Omega 38mm Speedmaster
I love the 38mm size, and great to see it in a more masculine color combination.
MB&F had some exclusive pieces at the show.
The one thing you can always say about this brand, is that their designs are unique, innovative and stunning to look at.
Other Images From The Show
With over 30 watch brands in attendance it would be hard to cover them all. But please see below a small selection from the show, and general view of Gotham Hall.
I’m a huge fan of the Longines heritage line, being a vintage watch guy. This particular model the L2.809.4.23.2 is stunning! See it here on the Longines Website.
The team and I are already looking forward to the 2018 edition!